Software Development Team Lead
- UK/Europe Remote (1 day per month in London).
We are Knexus. We pride ourselves on being the only fully automated, personalized and scalable visual commerce platform in the marketplace. Our approach reduces manual efforts and costs whilst driving unparalleled eCommerce performance for our customers, and our product is exceptional. One of the key secrets which makes us exceptional is talent of the great developers we hire…and now we want to add to that by hiring an experienced developer to help drive structure and a great culture.
As a fully remote-working business, we are looking for someone to be remotely based and work collaboratively with our international colleagues, including India and the UK. You will have the opportunity to work on continually building and improving a great commercial product, with a supportive and empowering team.
So, what will you be doing?
- Developing frameworks, innovative solutions, prototypes for new solutions, help and guide developers in their development when required
- Working closely with CTO around product innovation
- Designing and overseeing implementation of end-to-end integrated systems
- Maintaining in-depth knowledge of the organization’s technologies and architectures
- Developing and enforcing best practices for product development, product releases , framework, Cloud Architecture, SDLC and integrations
- Delivering and maintaining existing requisite documentation like requirements documents, specifications, API documents and design documents
- Developing basic Data Science understanding, advanced ML, AI capabilities to support the product.
- Ensuring deliverables are on track, manage development resourcing
- Delivering successful monthly product releases (these are held on Saturdays from home)
And for your team we’d like to see you…
- Constantly motivate and encourage the team to give their best, especially during times where they are under pressure to deliver to tight schedules
- Demonstrate personal flexibility and a commitment to getting a great job done
- Effectively set and communicate targets and expectations
- Build the team and hire developers, QAs, and leads from a technical perspective
- Preserve a healthy culture within the team where people can reach out to you for support and guidance
To be successful (which is what we all want!) you’ll need to bring…
- Strong development experience in LAMP or LEMP stack
- Strong development experience in one or more Databases like MySQL, MariaDB, MongoDB, PostgreSQL, CouchDB, Casandra
- Ideally exposure to AWS (this would be really useful)
- Experience deploying technologies like Dockers, Continuous Integration-Deployment (CI-CD) will again be highly valued
- Growth and learning mindset with an ability to inspire fellow team members
- Should be comfortable with work situations where they’re asked to bring structure and clear organization to the work
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Exposure to AI and ML on technologies using Python, Apache Spark, Tensorflow will be highly valued
- Scrum Master with Strong Agile Development & Maintenance experience and Project Planning / Project Management
- Good people management and conflict management – we value our employees and want you to help us get the best out of them!
What we will bring to the table…
- A competitive salary + commission/bonus
- Flexible working location + hours
- Above-industry annual leave + downtime
- Company pension
- Training (internal + external)
- An amazing international team to work with
Interested in joining the Knexus Team:
In return for all of this, you will have the opportunity to work for a ground-breaking and exciting business; a lead innovator in its sector. Our tech is at the centre of everything we do, so you will be a key contributor in helping us continue to deliver the very best returns for our clients. We offer competitive packages and are looking for the right person to help us grow and who will grow with us.
Chances like this don’t come along often, so if this role excites you as much as it does us, please apply today and we’ll be in touch asap. We can’t wait to hear from you, and, for the right person, to welcome you to our journey!